Delaheys Nursing Care Home aims to provide care to all residents to a standard of excellence which embraces fundamental principles of good care practice which may be witnessed and evaluated through the practice, conduct and control of quality care in the Home. It is a fundamental ethos that those residents who live in the Home should be able to do so in accordance with the Home’s Philosophy of Care.
It is also an aim of the Home that residents shall live in a clean, comfortable and safe environment and be treated with respect and sensitivity to their individual needs and abilities. Staff will be responsive to the individual needs of residents and will provide the appropriate degree of care to ensure a high quality of life within the Home.
To achieve these aims, the objectives of the care service within the Home are to:
- Deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the residents’ overall quality of life.
- Ensure that the care service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion while respecting each resident’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment and the right to make informed choices.
- Ensure that each resident’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disabilities or impairments.
- Ensure that all residents are safeguarded and protected from abuse in accordance with the Multi-agency Policy and Procedure titled “Lancashire Safeguarding Adults”.
- Ensure that the care service in whole is delivered in accordance with the signed Agreement setting out the terms and conditions of the contract between us.
- Manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable resident care needs to be met.
- Manage the care service efficiently and effectively to make best use of resources and to maximise value for money for the resident.
- Ensure that all residents receive written information on the Home’s procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments, and how to use it.